This home located at 141 Pittman Street directly at the east end of Labadie, was built by J.F. (Tad) Carter during or immediately after the oil boom (ca: 1920) for his mother Mary. She lived there until her death in 1933 along with her daughter Alice Carter. Alice and Mary’s sister Mattie lived in the house until about 1956 selling it to Mr. and Mrs. Al Strasner. The Strasners remodeled the home into its current style around 1964.
The house had two bedrooms, a half bath, kitchen, dining room and living room on the first floor. In the above photos, the living room was on the left and dining room on the right. On the second floor were four bedrooms and a full bath. In the second floor bathroom, there was a hidden stairway that led to what was called the “pup house”, the room extruding from the roof that is the third floor. Notice the narrow width of the carport on the south side of the building,