Left: Photo of the home taken by early De Leon banker William Dale on May 27, 1899. The photo was provided by Steve Melton.
Right: The same house as it stood at the time of the De Leon Centennial in 1981.
The house was initially built by a Mr. Daniels, the Texas Central Railroad station agent. Located on the southeast corner of Houston and Gonzales, it was considered to be the first nice home constructed in De Leon. The house was purchased by Boliver Higginbotham and expanded to include a second floor. It was later owned by Mr. and Mrs. R.R. Harvey. Mrs. Harvey (Kate) was the daughter of Higginbotham. R.R. began working at the F&M Bank as a janitor and clerk at its founding in 1905 and continued there until January 1, 1963 ultimately becoming the President and Chairman in 1941.